AGM - 2020
The 2020 AGM will be held on Nov 28.
As previously agreed, due to COVID, only each Charter's #1 and #2 will attend along with all of the National Executive. We will make the proceedings open via web or teleconference, but only the members physically present will vote. We will ensure that they have time to consult their members prior to any voting.
The proposed agenda is as follows:
- Confirmation that we have a quorum and authority from the membership to act (Presidents to poll their members prior to attending to ensure everyone is ok with how we are holding the AGM in light of COVID)
- If the members have NOT agreed that we have authority to act, we will not discuss any changes to the Constitution, but the rest of the agenda will still be followed)
- National Pres opening remarks
- Review of 2019 AGM minutes (National Secretary)
- National SAA remarks
- Charter Pres opening remarks
- Warrior Crew
- Recon Crew
- Goliath Crew
- Fubar Crew
- National Treasurer's report
- National Secretary's report
- National Road Captain's report
- Review of what happened with Patriot Crew and Goliath Crew re: 81
- Details of what happened
- Discussion with 81
- Planned actions
- Open discussion of the last season
- What worked
- What didn't
- Open discussion of ideas for what we want from the Club
- Open discussion of kit shop and vendor relationships
- Review of planned events for 2021 season (National Road Captain)
- Review and vote of proposed Constitutional changes
- Closing remarks (all)
Sorry Brothers, it seems like a lot, but it's really just house cleaning for the most part. Here is what I propose for changes to the Constitution and By-Laws. Note that, currently, no approval is required to change the By-Laws (that's one of the changes I want to make lol):
Number each paragraph in the Constitution sequentially from 1.
This will make the Constitution easier to reference in discussions.
Remove the details regarding National Dues from the Constitution and replace with: “Each Member shall pay National Dues in the amount and as per the schedule set in the National Bylaws.”
This will make changing National Dues possible without having to change the Constitution.
Instead of making riding season go from 2nd weekend in April to the last weekend in October, make it April 15th to the following October 15th.
It’s just easier to remember and consistent year over year.
Add a sentence defining the RIDING YEAR as being from October 15th to the following October 15th
It is easier to refer to RIDING YEAR rather than CALENDAR YEAR since the riding season ends in October but the calendar ends in December..
Related to riding, everywhere where it refers to “calendar year”, change it to “riding year”.
The rules are confusing, this clarifies them to be consistent with the intent of having a full year to get miles and making the riding year makes it consistent across the club.
Update the ratios sentence to: Each Charter may have no more than 40% Civilian full path members. Members on leave do not count towards these ratios.
The way the sentence is written today actually requires each charter to have 40% civilians, which is not consistent with the intent. This change also makes clear that this ratio applies to patch holders so Charters can’t claim Prospects as part of their Veteran ratio.
Update the sentence: “Must be a full patch member for 1 year before challenging Presidency” to “Must be a full patch member for 1 year before challenging Charter Presidency”
This is consistent with the intent.
Add a section regarding leave: Members may request leave for a maximum of 6 months, during which time their club property will remain in the possession of their Charter. After the expiry of their leave period, Members will return to the Charter from which they took leave or, if they wish, may leave the club. Approval and administration of leave is a Charter responsibility. No vote is required for a member returning from leave, however, if their return would violate the rules regarding Veteran/Civilian ratios, their return must be approved by the National President.
This is to codify a policy around leave and how it applies to ratios.
Move the description of the “Stages of membership” to the Constitution from the Bylaws (without the voting rules)
These are pretty hard and fast rules that should apply across the club
Add an official Hang Around stage of 1-2 months
This is consistent with traditional MC culture
Change the 2 stage Prospect to 1 Stage of 6 months
This is consistent with traditional MC culture
Number each paragraph in the Bylaws sequentially from 1.
This will make the Bylaws easier to reference in discussions.
Add details of the current National Dues scheme.
We removed it from the Constitution.
Update the eligibility criteria for National President to clarify that the 2 years in a Charter officer position does not have to be continuous and does not require the time to have been spent in a current Charter.
This is how the rule was interpreted for the last National election, so this is clarifying the rule to avoid future confusion.
Add a paragraph regarding how changes to the Bylaws are made.
We need to control how changes are made since it affects how the Nation is run, but they don’t have to be as stringent as the Constitution. I would suggest that changes can be made with the 100% consent of the National Executive and majority of Charter Presidents.
Remove paragraphs dealing with patch and patch positions.
This is already in the Constitution.
Remove the paragraph related to “Leave”
This will already be in the Constitution.
Remove the “Stages of membership”
These will have been moved to the Constitution
Some admin details copied from our Signal message group:
1. We have decided that attendance will be limited to each Charter's #1 and #2 as well as National Officers. If a National Officer is also a Charter #1 or #2, that Charter will NOT bring additional stand-ins, that one Brother will wear both hats;
2. We will meet at the Warrior Crew clubhouse at noon on 11/28/2020 (Warrior Crew to provide directions);
3. Warrior Crew will provide lunch.
Directions to the Warrior Crew clubhouse:
(From Hwy 17)
Turn onto Forest Lea Rd heading South
Turn right (West) onto Doran Rd
Clubhouse is 500 m in on the right (North) side of the rd.
Attached please find the minutes from the 2020 AGM